Do you have a 'Rain Sensor' icon in driver display?

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Moosexcvolvo

Post by Moosexcvolvo »

As title says...I don't, and I definitely have rain sensors. They work, as I've used them. When I press the rain sensor button on the right hand stalk I get no illuminated icon in the driver display, as the manual suggests.

A very minor issue, but it's bugging the hell out of me!

Also, can others confirm that rain sensor works in position 0 only, and not 0 & 1, I find position 1 only works on intermittent. I'm a little confused by the owners manual.

HB
MY20 | R Design Pro | D4 | Bursting Blue

ciuncky

Post by ciuncky »

I generally keep it off and when it start raining i move it to Auto, so i can't help on the 2nd question.
I can try later on the 1st, i don't remember seeing anything, but just to make sure - rain sensor turns off when you turn the car off, unless you select an option on under settings to keep it active
stu22

Post by stu22 »

Appears under the Intellisafe icon on our MY2020 car.
Skyrimmer

Post by Skyrimmer »

Yes the manual is less than clear. It took a lot of trial and error with the controls to get it set right but I do have the icon in the driver display now. Not only do you need to press the rain sensor button but you need to select the auto position on the lighting stalk as this controls both auto lights and rain.
XC40 Bright Silver T3 Momentum pro with just about every option plus mud flaps and sunglasses holder.
Moosexcvolvo

Post by Moosexcvolvo »

stu22 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:06 pm Appears under the Intellisafe icon on our MY2020 car.
The plot thickens...i don't have an intellisafe icon either! Am I being dim, is there something else I should be doing/activating to get these icons on the dash?
Moosexcvolvo

Post by Moosexcvolvo »

Skyrimmer wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:23 pm Yes the manual is less than clear. It took a lot of trial and error with the controls to get it set right but I do have the icon in the driver display now. Not only do you need to press the rain sensor button but you need to select the auto position on the lighting stalk as this controls both auto lights and rain.
Hmmm, I definitely have lights on Auto, in fact I never deviate from Auto. Just had a quick look in the car and in fact I don't have much else other than the green lights/ red parking break / Automatic break icons.

Things like Blis/cross traffic/lane assist, do these all have an icon, too?
stu22

Post by stu22 »

Moosexcvolvo wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:27 pm
stu22 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:06 pm Appears under the Intellisafe icon on our MY2020 car.
The plot thickens...i don't have an intellisafe icon either! Am I being dim, is there something else I should be doing/activating to get these icons on the dash?
I'm at work at the moment but once home I'll take a photo and post it....
Skyrimmer

Post by Skyrimmer »

You will only see the icon when you are under way. It's not there when the car is at rest with just the ignition on.

20190920_174737.jpg

XC40 Bright Silver T3 Momentum pro with just about every option plus mud flaps and sunglasses holder.
stu22

Post by stu22 »

Skyrimmer wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:21 pm You will only see the icon when you are under way. It's not there when the car is at rest with just the ignition on.

20190920_174737.jpg
Different icon and location to our car? Random....
Skyrimmer

Post by Skyrimmer »

This setting may also be relevant as it means you don't have to press the rain switch each time you start the car.

The memory function for the rain sensor can be activated in such a way that the rain sensor button
does not need to be depressed each time the car is started:
1. Press Settings in the top view in the centre display.
2. Press My Car Wipers.
3. Select Rain Sensor Memory to activate/deactivate the memory function.

This is from the MY19 owners manual

Stu22 it would be interesting to see a pic of your screen with this on for comparison. Maybe it differs by Model year or model type.