Brake pedal vibrates in ACC mode in the event of a sudden obstacle

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
gtest

Post by gtest »

Has anyone noticed that when you are driving in ACC, that when suddenly a vehicle comes in front of you, a short violent vibration and some noise can be felt and heard.
(as if you feel the ABS system is kicking in very briefly)

I can't find anything in the manual for now.
Is this a kind of warning or a new problem?

(Translated with Google, sorry for any mistakes.)
Xc40 T4 R-d (Nov 2018)

kirsty_s2k

Post by kirsty_s2k »

I've not had it happen when using Cruise Control, however if the car senses you may have an accident it does flash in the dash and you get the vibration on the pedals.
Ex Owner. Sold Feb 2020
First Edition - Bursting Blue on 19" - D4 AWD Auto
(My other car is a 2002 Honda S2000 in Silverstone)
Skyrimmer

Post by Skyrimmer »

I never use cruise control but I have experienced the autonomous braking a couple of times. Once when a car overtook and pulled In right in front of me and once for no apparent reason. It's a supposed safety feature if the radar detects that you are going to hit something.
XC40 Bright Silver T3 Momentum pro with just about every option plus mud flaps and sunglasses holder.
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

guest. You have another issue (maybe). You’ve had so many🙁. The XC40 Is built in Ghent in Belgium isn’t it? I’d be popping down to the factory to ask ‘why am I having sooo many problems’?
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
Skyrimmer

Post by Skyrimmer »

Don't think it's an issue in this case. System correctly identified a car cutting in and braked to avoid a possible collision if the other car had braked hard.
XC40 Bright Silver T3 Momentum pro with just about every option plus mud flaps and sunglasses holder.