Washing car - Auto locking and unlocking

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Basel

Post by Basel »

So I am at the jetwash with the keys in my pocket and the car keeps locking and unlocking (mirror fold) presumably when the door handle senses water, the brush etc.. Is there a way to stop this happening?

Its not the end of the world, but a little annoying :?
XC40 Onyx Black T5 Inscription - 21" Polestar and 4C

aj05

Post by aj05 »

Hi I had this problem first time used pressure wash The cure put the key in a faraday pouch while washing
Basel

Post by Basel »

aj05 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:39 am Hi I had this problem first time used pressure wash The cure put the key in a faraday pouch while washing
I read that as a faraway pouch... same thing really :D
XC40 Onyx Black T5 Inscription - 21" Polestar and 4C
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

The car's telling you not to take it to a jet wash!
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
FGC5074

Post by FGC5074 »

No Chris - the same thing happens to me when hand-washing! I am not sure that you need to have the keys in a Faraday pouch, but my conclusion is that you certainly should not have them on your person while washing.
Davidthomas41

Post by Davidthomas41 »

Yes agreed ....keep keys away from the car then all is fine 👍
aj05

Post by aj05 »

So where do you put keys away from the car on a garage forecourt? Hence the reason I use a Faraday pouch which I use anyway at home to keep spare keys and daily used keys in use which is a precaution you should consider useing for keyless entry fobs anyway
varavital

Post by varavital »

Basel wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:21 am So I am at the jetwash with the keys in my pocket and the car keeps locking and unlocking (mirror fold) presumably when the door handle senses water, the brush etc.. Is there a way to stop this happening?

Its not the end of the world, but a little annoying :?
Just leave the keys inside the car at the jetwash, it won't lock or unlock an avoids that the trunk opens accidentally.
A faraday pouch will do also, but I only use this when I don't stay close to the car.
The road is more important than the destination.