Sunroof will not close.

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Rigel

Post by Rigel »

Has anyone experience of the Sunroof and Blind not closing? As it opened without issue, I suspect it may be an electrical fault, however there seems to be no mechanical override.

Back to the dealer in the morning.

XC40 Inscription Pro T3. April 19

kirsty_s2k

Post by kirsty_s2k »

I had an issue following a software update, but then it wouldn't open or close and the lights weren't illuminated around the button. It was fixed at dealer by disconnecting and reconnecting battery (after 4hrs of head scratching by them). It also triggered the 'airbag' urgent warning as I think it couldn't display the active or not warning on that panel.
Ex Owner. Sold Feb 2020
First Edition - Bursting Blue on 19" - D4 AWD Auto
(My other car is a 2002 Honda S2000 in Silverstone)
Goldfish

Post by Goldfish »

kirsty_s2k wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:31 am It was fixed at dealer by disconnecting and reconnecting battery (after 4hrs of head scratching by them). I
Had lots of experience that problem solved by just powered in down and then turned it back on again.

Call it real engineering :-)
Rigel

Post by Rigel »

Just an update. Took into the dealer this morning who checked Volvo's known faults database. This indicated " Module out of sync.". They conducted a reset, problem solved. Excellent support from dealer for an unscheduled visit. In and out in a hour.

Thank you all for your comments and guidance. I suspect a reset is the same as disconnecting the battery, but a lot less disruptive.