Sensus question: Closing apps

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
FGC5074

Post by FGC5074 »

I know this is an incredibly stupid question, but I am a 70 year old who doesn't have a 16 year old to hand. I have looked hard at the manual, but for the life of me, I cannot figure out how to close apps (eg TuneIn or Volvo ID) in the centre display, having opened them and deciding I don't want them. How do I make them just go back to sleep?

Deleted User 1240

Post by Deleted User 1240 »

If you don't think you'll ever use them then you can uninstall them via the "Download Centre" on the app screen.
FGC5074

Post by FGC5074 »

No - I am happy that I will use them again, so I don't want to uninstall them. I just want to close them down, in the same way that I can close down apps on my iPhone. As everyone knows, this is done by double-pressing the physical button to show all the loaded apps, then swiping up on the ones you want close down.

Surely there must be a similar operation in Sensus?
ChrisS777

Post by ChrisS777 »

Am not sure if this is what you are looking for but:
pressing the central button will take you to the home page. The bottom part displays the last app you used for example Spotify. If you want to change it then swipe on the left and start a new app. Then press the center button and the home screen will be shown with the new app at the bottom. Spotify will no longer be active.