Internet SIM card

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Stockholmsyndrome

Post by Stockholmsyndrome »

Sputnik wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:04 pm I stream Spotify in work for 8/9 hours a day 5 days a week, I roughly use 14gb a month. Hope this helps give a rough idea of how much data is used with streaming music services. Now I doubt most of us would even use a quarter of that driving streaming music and updates etc.

I’m personally going to just tether my iPhone when needed, far easier and cheaper for me this way.

I found Three to be the cheapest for data cost/allowances, and reception is great, I never have a dead spot round by me.

My car now is an Audi S3 (the XC40 is the replacement family truck).

The S3 has a SIM card in it for Google Maps, and Spotify (and a hotspot - which isn’t used) for map data, and I have the map on Google satellite view all the time I’m driving it does about 1 gig a month.

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

That's really good to know.Thanks. Sounds like that 24GB data sim over 2 years might just be the ticket for "background" usage.
XC40 FE [MY18] | T5 AWD Auto | Crystal White | 20" | Lava | Apr 18
Stockholmsyndrome

Post by Stockholmsyndrome »

Forgot to say I use Three sims.... some only last a month to six weeks (regardless of how much of their data you’ve used) so watch out for that
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

What even those that say they last for 2 years (starting when first used)? See links further back up at this thread.
XC40 FE [MY18] | T5 AWD Auto | Crystal White | 20" | Lava | Apr 18