DPF

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Blackpanther

Post by Blackpanther »

I know the dealership can manually initiate a DPF regeneration but,is there a way I can do it with out waiting for the XC40 to do it automatically , as I have not noticed it doing one, but maybe did not recognise the signs?

ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

On the Skoda forum I presently frequent some of the guys have the diagnostic software on a laptop, VCDS, which will do it. It also shows the level of soot in the PDF etc.

I certainly notice it in the Yeti, the engine sounds different when driving, more gruff and the tickover increases to 1100. I've also interrupted it many times and when getting out the car the fan is running full chat and you can feel and smell the heat coming from under the car.

How long have you owned the car and how many miles?
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
stu22

Post by stu22 »

Can normally tell by watching your instantaneous fuel consumption, will drop significantly.

As mentioned by ChrisLF, the regen can be initiated by software but not always a sensible option unless you know what you are doing - cars have been known to catch fire due to getting too hot and setting fire to grass etc under the vehicle
StewartM

Post by StewartM »

Agree with stu22's comment. You don't even need grass etc under the car.

Very real risk you could burn your car to the ground if not done properly.
hdasmith

Post by hdasmith »

What’s your mileage profile? Passive regen might be enough?
Inscription Pro | Pine Grey | Amber Leather | D3 FWD Manual
Ordered 11th May 2018
Delivered 6th November 2018