DAB Radio sound reduction when indicating

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
mjs

Post by mjs »

Hi ALL,
Whan listening to the RAadio on a DAB station and I indicate the sound level drops so low that it is inaudible.
Any suggestions?

Had the R-Design T5 for 1000miles and loving it, no other issues or faults to report so far!

Thanx
M

mss911

Post by mss911 »

I think this would be down to poor signal strength & changing high pressure atmospheric conditions (typically during the summer). The BBC National DAB multiplex is normally pretty solid, the two commercial services (Digital One & Sound Digital) less so.
morrishey

Post by morrishey »

I haven’t had any noticeable volume change on the infotainment (from any source) when indicators are active. I can’t think of any reason why it would do that. I can only remember it changing when satnav is giving an instruction.
XC40 T5 FE, Fusion Red, 20inch wheels.
Ordered 15th March. Delivery, originally June, delivered 26th October.
kirsty_s2k

Post by kirsty_s2k »

morrishey wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:04 am I haven’t had any noticeable volume change on the infotainment (from any source) when indicators are active. I can’t think of any reason why it would do that. I can only remember it changing when satnav is giving an instruction.
Agreed - and I almost always listen to DAB
Ex Owner. Sold Feb 2020
First Edition - Bursting Blue on 19" - D4 AWD Auto
(My other car is a 2002 Honda S2000 in Silverstone)
mss911

Post by mss911 »

Having paid a little more attention to this I only get the interference on the commercial DAB multiplexes (sound digital & digital one) and only when use the left indicator NOT the right :-S