Volvo On Call / Infotainment interet

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
hdasmith

Post by hdasmith »

pkirkup wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:23 am If you use Carplay, does this automatically use the iPhone data for in-car data? or do you have to set this up separately?
No, you’d need to set up tethering separately, but not sure if you can as the Bluetooth is in use for CarPlay now. I have a sim in my boot, so never had the need. There was a very good deal for a 3 sim on Amazon for 24 months which just made more sense.

When activating connected safety in my car, it also warned it needed to use a small amount of data, suggesting this was done through tethering or personal sim, although my dealer said this was done through Volvo on call.
Inscription Pro | Pine Grey | Amber Leather | D3 FWD Manual
Ordered 11th May 2018
Delivered 6th November 2018

Deleted User 1945

Post by Deleted User 1945 »

https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthre ... potify+99p Spotify premium is currently 99p for 3 months.
sm1thy23

Post by sm1thy23 »

hdasmith wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:56 am
pkirkup wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:23 am If you use Carplay, does this automatically use the iPhone data for in-car data? or do you have to set this up separately?
No, you’d need to set up tethering separately, but not sure if you can as the Bluetooth is in use for CarPlay now. I have a sim in my boot, so never had the need. There was a very good deal for a 3 sim on Amazon for 24 months which just made more sense.

When activating connected safety in my car, it also warned it needed to use a small amount of data, suggesting this was done through tethering or personal sim, although my dealer said this was done through Volvo on call.
What type of data usage did you get to cover this?
XC40 R-Design T4 :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
hdasmith

Post by hdasmith »

24GB for 24 months. Have a search on amazon, just make sure you get the right validity. Some offers are only 30 days. I think it’s about £45 now.
Inscription Pro | Pine Grey | Amber Leather | D3 FWD Manual
Ordered 11th May 2018
Delivered 6th November 2018