Volvo on call app

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Gkh1

Post by Gkh1 »

Wasn't sure if I had locked the car so checked with app on phone. App said "car in use", worried in case it had been knocked rushed back to car and it was still sitting there engine off and car locked but app still says in use. Help
D3 Momentum Pro AWD Fusion red

ChrisS777

Post by ChrisS777 »

I saw this message a couple of times and got me worried too. But as the car was also reported as locked i decided that this is a misleading message and i am currently ignoring it.
Gkh1

Post by Gkh1 »

Thanks for input. Car currently on drive but app still says in use. Absolutely baffled.
Gre

Post by Gre »

This always happen if their is weak or no connection where the car is parked. Therefore the app uses the last known status before signal is lost with the car.
D4 R design FE bright silver 20 wheels.
balmoral

Post by balmoral »

Gre wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 5:47 pm This always happen if their is weak or no connection where the car is parked. Therefore the app uses the last known status before signal is lost with the car.
That's my experience as well. If the car is parked in a mobile broadband 'not-spot I usually get the message 'Your Volvo is Unlocked', I also get this message when I am sitting in the car with the engine switched off!
Inscription T5 Pine Grey Received 31/05/18
Deleted User 1240

Post by Deleted User 1240 »

I have the same issue this afternoon and it has happened a few times before.
I wonder if it's problem somehow caused by Volvo when this happens....maybe a app/server issue.
Mine has said "Car in use" since I drove home lunchtime. I have driven back to work and it still says it now.. (We have excellent signal at work).
Gre

Post by Gre »

Strange, had not faced any problem unless I park underground even with the slightest signal car status shows correct. I only wish I was able to close the windows from the app instead of only showing which window is open.
D4 R design FE bright silver 20 wheels.
Gkh1

Post by Gkh1 »

Thanks to all, I was wondering if it could be server problems because i am in a good signal area
PC40

Post by PC40 »

I’ve had this issue a couple of times when it appeared that the oncall server was down. I couldn’t get any real time information about the car. The app thought the car was miles away but was in fact parked on the driveway. The missing journeys did eventually get downloaded correctly.
XC40 T5 First Edition|Bursting Blue |delivered end of March 2018
Gkh1

Post by Gkh1 »

No journeys are missing the only problem seems to be the app thinks the car is in use and I cannot remove that indication from the app regardless of which device I use to access the app.