USB C port on rear tunnel console, when powered on and off?

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
varavital

Post by varavital »

Can anybody tell me when exactly the USB C port on the rear tunnel console, between the front seats is powered on exactly? Is it when unlocking the doors, or only when opening the doors, or only when starting the car? In addition, when is the power turned off exactly? When switching off ignition, or when after switching off ignition opening the door, or is there a delay and will this USB port be live for a certain amount of time after locking the car? I’m thinking of using this port for a dash cam as nobody is ever in the back of the car but I don’t have a USB C connector yet to try it out.
The road is more important than the destination.

blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

I have my tomtom plugged in to that port (I like it for the speed camera alerts etc). I think it fires up when the car is unlocked..but will check for you
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019
blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

Had a quick look today and it is activated on pressing the start button...in the same way the usb socket at the front was too (which powers my dashcam)
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019
varavital

Post by varavital »

Blastpipe wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 5:48 pm Had a quick look today and it is activated on pressing the start button...in the same way the usb socket at the front was too (which powers my dashcam)
Thx for the quick answer Blastpipe.
The road is more important than the destination.