Rear number plate bulb holder

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

An easy fix. I thought they were doing them as a routine recall on a service...unless it failed beforehand.

I just removed it to make sure the plastic retainers weren't loose and likely to rattle around then refitted it as best I could.
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019

squint

Post by squint »

ACertainAge wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 7:27 pm Mines just gone! Dealer not open so I've used sticky tape as a temporary measure.
May I ask car age and mileage please?
Regretfully rejected R Design, Glacier Silver, T4 Auto FWD Convenience Pack, Front Park Assist,Power Glass Tilt & Slide,Smartphone Integration,Winter Pack, Mudflaps
ACertainAge

Post by ACertainAge »

Big thumbs up for Donalds of Ipswich. I phoned yesterday and left a message on the answerphone about the problem. I was phoned this morning, told the garage was re opening on a small scale on Monday. Offered me an outside 30 minute slot next Thursday, or an inside garage job with a complimentary health check. He explained that the part has now been modified. I have been very impressed by both the supplying dealer at Colchester and the servicing dealer at
Ipswich.
ACertainAge

Post by ACertainAge »

squint wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 8:56 pm
ACertainAge wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 7:27 pm Mines just gone! Dealer not open so I've used sticky tape as a temporary measure.
May I ask car age and mileage please?
Reg Oct 2018, and around 10K
ACertainAge

Post by ACertainAge »

ACertainAge wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 7:04 pm Big thumbs up for Donalds of Ipswich. I phoned yesterday and left a message on the answerphone about the problem. I was phoned this morning, told the garage was re opening on a small scale on Monday. Offered me an outside 30 minute slot next Thursday, or an inside garage job with a complimentary health check. He explained that the part has now been modified. I have been very impressed by both the supplying dealer at Colchester and the servicing dealer at
Ipswich.
Very slick and professional replacement of the bulb and camera holder by Donald's of Ipswich. Thank you.
DarrenF

Post by DarrenF »

ACertainAge wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 6:50 pm
ACertainAge wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 7:04 pm Big thumbs up for Donalds of Ipswich. I phoned yesterday and left a message on the answerphone about the problem. I was phoned this morning, told the garage was re opening on a small scale on Monday. Offered me an outside 30 minute slot next Thursday, or an inside garage job with a complimentary health check. He explained that the part has now been modified. I have been very impressed by both the supplying dealer at Colchester and the servicing dealer at
Ipswich.
Very slick and professional replacement of the bulb and camera holder by Donald's of Ipswich. Thank you.
So good to hear of good service - especially in the current situation. Glad they sorted it all out for you.
XC40 T5 R-Design Pro in Bursting Blue with Convenience, Intellisafe Pro, Winter Plus and Xenium Packs and a few other bits. Ordered July'19 picked up end of Nov'19.
squint

Post by squint »

Think I might move to Ipswich
Regretfully rejected R Design, Glacier Silver, T4 Auto FWD Convenience Pack, Front Park Assist,Power Glass Tilt & Slide,Smartphone Integration,Winter Pack, Mudflaps
stu22

Post by stu22 »

A question - how are these handles breaking? I simply push the button and with a light pull the tailgate opens? No force involved...

I'll second Donalds Volvo - our car was purchased through them even though not our local dealer, I'd used them previously also when I had a Mazda 6 (they have a few franchises in the area) and they are good to deal with
ACertainAge

Post by ACertainAge »

squint wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 11:59 pm Think I might move to Ipswich
Would be a good move!
blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

stu22 wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 9:26 am A question - how are these handles breaking? I simply push the button and with a light pull the tailgate opens? No force involved...

I'll second Donalds Volvo - our car was purchased through them even though not our local dealer, I'd used them previously also when I had a Mazda 6 (they have a few franchises in the area) and they are good to deal with
It's not the handle that's breaking but the enclosure that holds the numberplate light and rear view camera in. It seems the fixing screws in early cars were over tightened at the factory and that has caused the assembly to crack and begin to fall out / rattle. Mine broke a few weeks before it would have fixed under a volvo fix at service.
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019