Driving in France - toll roads

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Rifleman

Post by Rifleman »

JamPryce wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:03 pm Hi, resurrecting an old thread - does anyone have more experience of using a tag with a heated windscreen? Thanks
Mine worked fine on my XC40 during my last drive trough France in 2019 down to the Dordogne & back, mounted to the top of the windscreen. The FE has the heated screen.
XC40 | First Edition | 2.0 D4 AWD | Bursting Blue | 19" wheels | Ordered 11/03/18 | Delivered 19th October 2018.

ropetko

Post by ropetko »

It's not France but Croatian toll roads tag. It's on the passenger side (right side) and the glued part is actually glued over the black portion of the screen (which in not heated, as far as I know). Never had any issues with the tag and I've been using it for more than a year with two highway toll payment systems.

IMG_6910.jpg

XC40 D4 AWD R-Design 140 kW 2018
Traveloguy

Post by Traveloguy »

I use Emovis which actually has UK customer service and simply direct debits from UK account. I have it attached to the top left of the central part of the windscreen and it works a treat. No problems with the heated windscreen.

I tried another company first (I’m British/French) and the customer service was laughable. Since moving to Emovis, I’ve not had any issues, and it’s nice knowing I don’t have to deal with a big faceless French construction firm which has zero interest in providing service (If you know French firms you will quickly guess whom I’m referring to).

Emovis is actually owned by SANEF but for whatever reason seems immeasurably better. :)
Traveloguy

Post by Traveloguy »

One final thing, don’t forget to get a French vignette sticker to prove your emissions standard of your car. It’s literally just a few quid but sadly needed. Make sure you buy direct via French government. They do offer a service in English. :)
Mikeg1

Post by Mikeg1 »

Traveloguy wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:24 pm One final thing, don’t forget to get a French vignette sticker to prove your emissions standard of your car. It’s literally just a few quid but sadly needed. Make sure you buy direct via French government. They do offer a service in English. :)
Will be sending off for mine later. Official site €3.67 Inc postage. Non official sites add their mark up.

https://www.certificat-air.gouv.fr/
Mike. West Yorks.

MY22 B4P R Design 8 sp auto, Thunder Grey with Climate, Park Assist, Android Auto, Car Protection & mudflaps, Service Plan.

Ordered 02/11/21, collected 17/11/21
Cevoli21

Post by Cevoli21 »

if anyone has the latest Italian motorway tag (the smaller white one) this also works in France, Spain and Portugal. Ours certainly works in France but cant confirm the others. Oddly though the french one does not work in Italy
XC40 P8 Twin Motor Pro in Denim Blue with Tow bar, mudflaps
JamPryce

Post by JamPryce »

Many thanks for comments so far.
Just need to choose which company - Emovis, Bip and Go, Mango or Ulys. I've ordered the emissions vignette.
B4 FE with Polestar, Mini Clubman, VW Golf, MB SLK.
Traveloguy

Post by Traveloguy »

JamPryce wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:05 pm Many thanks for comments so far.
Just need to choose which company - Emovis, Bip and Go, Mango or Ulys. I've ordered the emissions vignette.
Avoid Ulys. If anything goes wrong you will never get any customer service. It’s literally nonexistent.