Oil Level Warning

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Gre

Post by Gre »

Had the same problem, for 2 months with overfilled oil then changed service dealer and I was advised that they have added 1.25 lts extra of oil from the advised level so they took them out. After a day had low level oil warning. Went back again and apparently Volvo had issued a memo to put only 4.7 lts of oil for the D4 engines from 5.2 as per manual. The low oil warning was because they didn’t update the software so System was showing low oil level. After the update oil level is now 1 dot before max level.
D4 R design FE bright silver 20 wheels.

melg4yng

Post by melg4yng »

Just started to get the overfilled warning. Has come on a few times over the last couple of weeks but then goes off again. Electronic level says overfilled. Thing is, it's always been in the red since new. Now 7900 miles and it's starting to flag warnings up. Dealer says not to worry, they are aware of the problem with the sensor and will be fixed at the service which is in three weeks time.
Crystal White R-Design D4
ACertainAge

Post by ACertainAge »

melg4yng wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:48 pm Just started to get the overfilled warning. Has come on a few times over the last couple of weeks but then goes off again. Electronic level says overfilled. Thing is, it's always been in the red since new. Now 7900 miles and it's starting to flag warnings up. Dealer says not to worry, they are aware of the problem with the sensor and will be fixed at the service which is in three weeks time.
Pleased to hear that, mine is just the same. I will wait for first yearly service in September and hopefully have it fixed then. #bringbackdipstick