Double issue ; loss of power and city safety

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Quaritch

Post by Quaritch »

Hi mate

Any update about the loss of power issue?

I experienced the same accelerating in 6th speed.

Did they solve it? What was the solution? Happened again?

Thanks!

xofer

Post by xofer »

Hi

same issue with the loss of power!

any news?
Graad

Post by Graad »

Hello, sorry everybody, I was not coming on the forum anymore.

First issue : City safety
After recalibration of the radar, I did not reproduce the same problem.
BUT, in the Sensus settings, I have noticed the City safety is set as "Late" (I think it's late in english)
I tried to set it as "normal" (middle option) and a few minutes later, the car has braked for no reason again.
So I don't know if they really fixed something or if they have just changed the option from normal to late.
As long as the issue doesn't show anymore, I don't touch the parameter anymore.

Second issue : loss of power
It's still happening, but as long as it's rare, I wait for the first check-up in a few months to have an answer.
I don't want them to keep my car for the moment.
And it always happens in 5th or 6th gear when the road starts to climb.

Maybe the engine is not hot enough, I don't know...
T3 Momentum Aluminium grey + blond interior.
Order date : June 1st 2018.
Delivery Date : February 4th 2019. :D
Graad

Post by Graad »

Someone else on a french forum had the same issue with the loss of power.
It might come from an engine spark plug, I will ask next time if can check them.
Paulinyork

Post by Paulinyork »

No on an xc40 but in the past I had a loss of power issue very similar to the one you describe in my V50. The cause was eventually identified as a faulty fuel pump. Everything was fine until my fuel level got to a certain point. It always seemed very random, but wasn't in the end, it was always when my fuel level got to a specific level that power loss occurred.
T4 FWD R Design in Thunder Grey. Winter Pack, Reversing Camera.
Christ, Options are expensive!!
Graad

Post by Graad »

Paulinyork wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:22 am No on an xc40 but in the past I had a loss of power issue very similar to the one you describe in my V50. The cause was eventually identified as a faulty fuel pump. Everything was fine until my fuel level got to a certain point. It always seemed very random, but wasn't in the end, it was always when my fuel level got to a specific level that power loss occurred.
Ok, thanks for the information, next time I have the issue I will check the fuel level.
Malc71

Post by Malc71 »

I too have the loss of power issue. It always happens when going up a very gradual incline in 5th gear. It doesn't seem to matter what fuel level.

I took it to the dealer today and they advise that it is a known issue by Volvo Technical and their recommendation is to use a higher grade fuel (eg. BP Ultimate or Shell V-Power) until they have a different solution!!
Graad

Post by Graad »

Malc71 wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:57 am I too have the loss of power issue. It always happens when going up a very gradual incline in 5th gear. It doesn't seem to matter what fuel level.

I took it to the dealer today and they advise that it is a known issue by Volvo Technical and their recommendation is to use a higher grade fuel (eg. BP Ultimate or Shell V-Power) until they have a different solution!!
Thanks, I'll let them know !
jamie307

Post by jamie307 »

Do all you power losers have T3 Manual? What happens if you drop a gear?
T3 Momentum Pro Auto MY20 - Thunder Grey - Intellisafe Surround - Winter Plus - 360 Camera - Tinted Windows - City Map inlays - Spare Wheel
xofer

Post by xofer »

manual here, the problem is solved when i lower gears.
anyway the loss of power is momentarly, a couple of seconds, lowering gears may take longer ;)