Subwoofer Issue on Harmon Kardon

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
scottpcs

Post by scottpcs »

I've noticed recently that the subwoofer on my HK system is very subtle, bordering on inaudible at all even at the maximum setting and wondered if anyone else has experienced the same issue?

When I first got the car, the subwoofer was very powerful and needed dialling right back, almost into negative on the slider and I can't remember when the behaviour changed?

I'm sure I can hear the sub to some degree as when I dial it back from maximum, the bass seems to tail off slightly but the difference is so slight that it's not obvious, even at extreme ends of the setting slider.

I wondered if a software update could have changed the 'tone' of the subwoofer as all the wires and connections look secure and there's no rattles or anything that would suggest something has come loose?

Any thoughts before I book it into the dealer please?
XC40 FE D4 AWD Auto - Crystal White ¦ Charcoal ¦ 20" AND Headlight Washers! ¦ Polestar

ChrisS777

Post by ChrisS777 »

I noticed that too especially when playing media over usb. FM radio sounds ok but it seems after the last upgrade the supplier did, the media player has reduced the volume of the low frequencies :(