Too many defects

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Volvo XC40

Post by Volvo XC40 »

My new XC40 R Design was delivered almost 3 months ago...The car in overall is the best you can get on the market....but there are a lot of factory defects around...

1. Paint defects
2. Broken part in the seat
3. A scratched Speedometer Glass...replaced with a scratched one?!
4. Water leaking from Panoramic...seems it is not well fitted.
5. Rattles coming from boot area...
6. Software Bugs( keep indicating a software update).Updated online on dealer and still appears.
7. Really bad quality of glossy plastics inside/ out
8. You can hear and feel the air coming in cabin while driving in high speeds.

So all these issues clearly declare that quality control was totally absent....This is very bad outcome for a premium automaker.
I have booked an appointment to check all these issues but I hardly believe they will be able to fix them all....
I really want to hear your thoughts about all these and wondering if similar problems occurred to anyone?
Thanks and hope you are enjoying your new car!
Last edited by Volvo XC40 on Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:21 am, edited 5 times in total.
VolvoXC40|D3|R-Design|Crystal White|Pan Roof

senwar

Post by senwar »

I have (still) an issue where I believe the roof has a sealant problem. Soaked inside and a very strange noise while driving.

I have a few rattles, have had the car in for quite a few things and agree re: the software update message - really annoying.

I've been very disappointed with Volvo (well the dealership) BUT I do love the car and have sort of come to live with these few issues. Not right really but with regards to the roof I'll be taking it in for its first service in April and will go to a different dealer and as them to check.
XC40 FE | D4 | Osmium Grey |19" wheels
Volvo XC40

Post by Volvo XC40 »

You should check it! It is not normal. They are very helpful in finding solutions. Don’t worry they will fix it!
In my case what to fix first?! They should repaint the roof. Change panoramic and find where all these noises come from. That means they should rebuild it from scratch!
Really curious to see what service have to say about all these ! Seems that all defects are found in my car!
Last edited by Volvo XC40 on Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Volvo XC40

Post by Volvo XC40 »

It’s not a dealer issue... Service on repair facility was awful and they should only recognise the faults and replace them.
Last edited by Volvo XC40 on Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:08 pm, edited 9 times in total.
rikvanbeek

Post by rikvanbeek »

Curious,

"8. You can hear and feel the air coming in cabin while driving in high speeds. "

Is this flowing air, or air pressure you feel. As I struggle with my dealer and Volvo NL in explaining my car seems to generate cabin pressure as if a window is open, which generates an irritating sound and pressure on my and my children ears. They deny it being a problem.
Volvo XC40

Post by Volvo XC40 »

Seems like seals issue. That happened to me also. When I used to close the panoramic car pressure was generated. This is something that happened in the first month.. now it doesn’t do that..When I am driving in high speeds you can hear and feel the air comin in the cabin through the doors
Last edited by Volvo XC40 on Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
senwar

Post by senwar »

Volvo XC40 Gloss wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:21 pm They are very helpful in finding solutions. Don’t worry they will fix it!
Not in my experience. It's been in 3 times for that issue alone but they've not replicated it. Problem is, it's sporadic not every drive.

They advised the water on the fly screen was normal. Don't believe that.
XC40 FE | D4 | Osmium Grey |19" wheels
Volvo XC40

Post by Volvo XC40 »

I was reading here other cases like yours and they have fixed the issue at once... how can’t they do it?

I was told in my case that is normal to have humidity inside the panoramic. When I told him there were water leaks he said bring the car in...He said also rattles are normal.... and software bug I’ve shouldn’t pay notice...it’s nothing... very effective customer service indeed.... :x
Last edited by Volvo XC40 on Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Barry

Post by Barry »

What dealer are you using? They sound totally useless.
Volvo XC40

Post by Volvo XC40 »

Hi Barry
It’s not a dealer case.... there are factory defects... dealer was perfect! I had an excellent customer service! Sales people there are really amazing!
I am talking about factory faults and awful after sales service in the repair facility.
I don’t want to be misunderstood...I can surely say about build quality, supplier issues or construction complications...specially when the demand is 3 times high than estimated...I do Respect and I am grateful to Volvo employees for delivering in time my amazing car and I know it was the pickiest period when build....
Will update after the service check...My request was also submitted to Volvo Cars International....
Last edited by Volvo XC40 on Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:17 am, edited 2 times in total.