Sensus Navigation - can't find new apps

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
rdevicente

Post by rdevicente »

Hello,

I’ve had my XC40 for about 3 weeks now and I am loving it so far!

Once thing that I am a bit disappointed though is the list of available apps to download and install

If I go to the download manager and search for new apps I get an empty list all fo the time
On the installed apps I can only see: Spotify, VOlvoID, Local Search, Weather, TunIn, Glympse, Park and Pay, Wiki Location, Yelp and Record&Send

I tried to uninstall one (Yelp) and now this is the only one that appear as new app to download and install

I tried to search for apps:
- while do it tethering from the phone
- while running android auto
- and now with the Sim card installed in the car

Still nothing :(

Is it the same for everybody?
I was hoping to have more of the apps that appear as Android Auto apps on GooglePlay

What should I do to get access to the rest of the android auto apps?
Some of them like Youtube or Whatsapp I have them already installed on my phone but can’t find them in the car

morrishey

Post by morrishey »

I don’t see any other Sensus apps either.

There is a difference between those & Android Auto/CarPlay apps. Things you have installed on your phone are not necessarily compatible with Android/CarPlay. For CarPlay a google search will get you a list of compatible apps, I presume there is something similar for Android
XC40 T5 FE, Fusion Red, 20inch wheels.
Ordered 15th March. Delivery, originally June, delivered 26th October.
rdevicente

Post by rdevicente »

I believe I was getting confused with the Sensus and the Android/Carplay apps

It seems that the Sensus apps are the same and very limited to everybody...

When it comes to the Android/Carplay apps, I checked and the ones I have installed on my phone are meant to be compatible (like whatsapp to mention one) but they don't appear when I start Android auto in my car. Other do, like Telegram, but not other and I can't find a way to add them
morrishey

Post by morrishey »

I’m CarPlay myself, so not able to get into Android workings, but just to try and check the obvious thing first - have you tried swiping left on the Sensus screen where the Android apps are laid out to see if the apps are on a second page?
XC40 T5 FE, Fusion Red, 20inch wheels.
Ordered 15th March. Delivery, originally June, delivered 26th October.
senwar

Post by senwar »

Same here, CarPlay myself. But for CarPlay you select apps you want to display as well via the CarPlay settings on the phone. Worth checking if anything similar?
XC40 FE | D4 | Osmium Grey |19" wheels