Vibrations @55-80mph

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
ChrisLF

Re: Vibrations @55-80mph

Post by ChrisLF » Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:18 pm

Good to know that improvements can be made if one has a car that is badly affected.

I'm one of those that picks up on all sounds and issues that shouldn't be there but have recently retired so most journeys won't be long or at sustained speeds.

Ironically one of the reasons I'm moving from Skoda and the rest of the VW Group is because of ongoing issues with their 1.5 petrol engine which was going to be my choice!

Chris
Practical car - Volvo XC40 T4 FWD R-Design in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Electric Drivers Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera and Tow Bar.

Fun car - Audi TT Roadster manual in Samoa Orange.

Kipper

Post by Kipper » Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:53 pm

Many thanks for that, I will contact my dealership to see how far they have got. At least if Volvo accept there is a problem, then there should be progress.

Kipper
XC40 T4 Inscription Pro / Luminous Sand / Blond

Silver Moose

Post by Silver Moose » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:36 pm

Yep, good to see progress being made. Shame there was a problem in the first place as vibrations are like a bad smell - once you've tuned into it, it never fully leaves.

There's an interesting new software update just been released - it's common to see engine management & transmission tweaks included within a wider update but, this one is focused solely in this area. Anyone think this may be related to vibration issues?

Updates from and including July 2019
Improvement of the AWD system's optimisation.
Improvement of the engine management system's optimisation.
Improvement of the transmission system's optimisation.
Real name Carl
T4 Inscription Pro ordered 13/12/2018 - collected 30/3/2019
Bright Silver/Charcoal
Convenience pack, Intellisafe Pro, 360 camera

Return to “Faults & Technical”