Lava Orange Carpet Interior

Post pictures of your Volvo XC40 here
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

Rob wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:23 pm Wonder how it will wear?

Are you thinking specifically about lava? Or just the panelling/flooring generally?

I'd presume that there would be no difference between the type/quality used whether you'd be looking at say charcoal and lava, with both being manufactured to same specs - only difference being colour. Though colour is important as charcoal surely will hide the dirt better.
XC40 FE [MY18] | T5 AWD Auto | Crystal White | 20" | Lava | Apr 18

Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Yeah, more hiding the dirt, in and out with muddy feet etc. on the lava vs black...
jim4244

Post by jim4244 »

Yes, I do like how all the motoring magazines keep pointing out that the XC40 will not be as up market as the XC60 and XC90!

It looks as if us paupers who have ordered the First Edition will be testing the water for the rest?

Jim
MrParkson

Post by MrParkson »

Lava Orange spec on order, will most likely be looking to change the orange floor mats to black, time will tell once delivery is taken!
XC40 FE T5 Crystal White 20" LAVA!
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

MrParkson wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:44 pm Lava Orange spec on order, will most likely be looking to change the orange floor mats to black, time will tell once delivery is taken!
Yey, another joining the lava sub-group. Phew, I thought I was on my own(-ish) and was beginning to doubt myself (not!).

I'll definitely though be lifting the mats (saving them for special days?) when it arrives and replacing with blacks. I have some temporary ones ready and will wait for someone like https://www.carmats4u.com/ to make them available.
40T5

Post by 40T5 »

I saw a review of the close up of the charcoal coloured trim and tbh, it gave a down-market grey look in comparison to the lava colour which helps to lift the particular material's appeal

I haven't actually seen it in the flesh yet however.
Mukesh

Post by Mukesh »

I have ordered my xc40 with lava interior and will also use the black mats as was told that dirt would show up easily on the orange . But still that’s a small compromise for such a striking interior !
XC40. T5. FE. Bright silver / lava interior / 20 inch alloys. Delivered 13th April .
Mukesh

Post by Mukesh »

I have ordered mine with the Lava option and initially felt that this colour would show up more dirt than the boring "black / grey interior .
But again, this lava effect shows the whole interior up , and would give it a " funkier and fun look " . Mine is metallic silver and 20 inch alloys on FE.
Again for the hard wearing areas , will look to fit floor mats . I have now read so much about this car that I now can't wait . Look forward to the 22nd Feb , first viewing at my local dealership and than hopefully March / April delivery
XC40. T5. FE. Bright silver / lava interior / 20 inch alloys. Delivered 13th April .
Andy S

Post by Andy S »

Yes - Lava Orange ordered - Although at the time my dealer did say

'Lava Orange , Really?'

For me it brightens-up the interior, and as others have posted it will have some rubber mats on front to protect from the mud etc that often get.
T5: Crystal White: 1st Edition: 20" Wheels: Lava Orange: Rubber Mats: Tow-bar: Proud owner since early April :D
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

Now I’ve seen both interior colours defo pleased we went with the lava.