Inscription Pro - Luminous Sand

Post pictures of your Volvo XC40 here
hdasmith

Post by hdasmith »

Not my car alas, but posting for interest. Saw this at the Great Yorkshire Show today. It’s the first Inscription I’ve seen. I’ve driven two FEs, and after seeing, and sitting in this, I’m very glad I’ve gone for the Inscription Pro.

24D31F0B-10EB-4256-B330-13774C63CF42.jpeg

Last edited by hdasmith on Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Inscription Pro | Pine Grey | Amber Leather | D3 FWD Manual
Ordered 11th May 2018
Delivered 6th November 2018

pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

hdasmith wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:19 pm Not my car alas, but posting for interest. Say this at the Great Yorkshire Show today. It’s the first Inscription I’ve seen. I’ve driven tw FEs, and after seeing, and sitting in this, I’m very glad I’ve gone for the Inscription Pro.

24D31F0B-10EB-4256-B330-13774C63CF42.jpeg
What are the major differences you prefer Mr. Smith? Useful for board members to know - not many Inscriptions about yet.
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
hdasmith

Post by hdasmith »

The biggest difference were the seats. Instantly felt more comfortable, softer and better shaped. Also, I found the nubuck leather on the R-Design slightly annoying as your trousers stick to it when you shift your seating position, especially suit trousers. I wonder how well the nubuck will wear over time too. The sides of the seats were too high on the R-Design, pinching under my thigh.

The other differences were pretty subtle; the wheels, chrome, grill. All of it’s very subjective and down to personal taste.
Ordered 11th May 2018
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

hdasmith wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:54 am The biggest difference were the seats. Instantly felt more comfortable, softer and better shaped. Also, I found the nubuck leather on the R-Design slightly annoying as your trousers stick to it when you shift your seating position, especially suit trousers. I wonder how well the nubuck will wear over time too. The sides of the seats were too high on the R-Design, pinching under my thigh.

The other differences were pretty subtle; the wheels, chrome, grill. All of it’s very subjective and down to personal taste.
Thought it might be the seats. I haven’t found the Nubuck a problem so far, but agree the sporty shape may not suit everyone. The Sand looks a great colour but wouldn’t have suited an R-Design.
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
hdasmith

Post by hdasmith »

pjm007 wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:54 am Thought it might be the seats. I haven’t found the Nubuck a problem so far, but agree the sporty shape may not suit everyone. The Sand looks a great colour but wouldn’t have suited an R-Design.
I'm not exactly shaped like an athlete, but I'm also not enormous. The Inscription seats still have a certain level of bolstering, but they seem more forgiving.
Ordered 11th May 2018
balmoral

Post by balmoral »

Have to admit that it was the full leather seats that sold the Inscription to me. Also the contrasting black roof of the R design is not really to my taste.
The thing that nearly stopped me from going for the Inscription was the limited choice of colours. I also still can't decide whether the crystal gear shift that lights up in the dark is tasteful or just tacky!
Inscription T5 Pine Grey Received 31/05/18
hdasmith

Post by hdasmith »

Can the light be switched off in the menu system? I’ve got a manual on order, so asking out of curiosity more than anything.
Ordered 11th May 2018
FilmDreamer

Post by FilmDreamer »

I would love to be able to see this car in this colour. Please can you tell me if you know which dealer had organized this stand at the Great Yorkshire Show? Or if it was Volvo Cars, is there any way of tracking down this car through them do you think?
hdasmith

Post by hdasmith »

FilmDreamer wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:00 pm I would love to be able to see this car in this colour. Please can you tell me if you know which dealer had organized this stand at the Great Yorkshire Show? Or if it was Volvo Cars, is there any way of tracking down this car through them do you think?
I’m afraid I don’t know, I can’t help. Sorry. I was very pleasantly surprised by the colour. I didn’t like it at all ok the configurator, but in person it was very nice.
Ordered 11th May 2018
Teeceee

Post by Teeceee »

if you right click the image, and open in new tab..

you should then be able to zoom in..

New Bitmap Image (2).jpg

XC40 FE D4 ordered in White with 20's... might be lucky and have it in May