Handover Day.......Well almost!

Post pictures of your Volvo XC40 here
Birdy66

Post by Birdy66 »

The big day had come, only the paperwork and payment to be made, or so I thought.....

Tech stuff - 45 mins later......- Check,

Mud flaps - Check,

Rubber mats - Check,

Reversible boot liner - Check,

Inspection walkaround - looked fantastic, spotted some scuff marks......no problem sir will take it to valeting bay and sort,

Paperwork - nearly, but incorrect......won’t be long sir,

Dealer looking devastated - sorry we hit another car whilst reversing from the valeting bay.....collision avoidance or parking sensors,

We will sort everything out and give you a call, but we don’t have any spare vehicles,

I’ll take my trusty Audi A7 and wait to hear from you.......

Not sure what to do next, is a car ever the same when you know it’s had a bump, answer on a postcard please?

Pic attached for those still reading.........

A81A7D80-F7FE-488D-ACEC-0C48B203FAB7.jpeg

Delivered : XC40, FE, D4, Fusion Red, Charcoal Interior, 20" wheels, 25.05.2018

pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

What a crying shame. Serious commiserations! Given the shortage and lead times, I would still take it once they have fixed it but make them pay big time with more(?) discount, extras, goodies etc.
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
Luigiwhattt

Post by Luigiwhattt »

No, no, no. And they thought you wouldn’t notice. Bitter sweet. Unacceptable. Make them fix it and give you the demo to drive in the meantime.
D3 Auto Inscription - Denim Blue with Blonde Leather - Winter Pack - Xenium Pack - IntelliSafe Pack - Spare Wheel.
Ordered 03/03/18 (Exeter)
Collection 21/07/18
Luigiwhattt

Post by Luigiwhattt »

Read your whole post now. Thought collision control would have avoided that!

Take the car with assurance paint work will be sorted. I’d just want the car.
D3 Auto Inscription - Denim Blue with Blonde Leather - Winter Pack - Xenium Pack - IntelliSafe Pack - Spare Wheel.
Ordered 03/03/18 (Exeter)
Collection 21/07/18
balmoral

Post by balmoral »

Ouch!! I feel for you. I'd side with those who are saying 'take the car but make the dealer pay big'. If you reject the car you will suffer more than the dealer - you will be without a new car for some time and the dealer will be able to repair the damage and quickly sell the car for at least what you have paid.
Inscription T5 Pine Grey Received 31/05/18
johnbluerio

Post by johnbluerio »

Ours is in the showroom awaiting collection tomorrow if Volvo get their IT sorted out to register the vehicle. you must be gutted after a long wait i think I would be inclined to take the car with some written agreed procedures to rectify the damage and a time scale and good will gesture at least.
Let the forum know how you get on.
First Edition T5 20” wheels not just a 245bhp 4x4 ipad.
abby606

Post by abby606 »

What an absolute pain! Is the bumper marked? They'd have to replace I'd imagine.

Make sure they fix the paint issues properly - my current V40 had a scratch on the front wing. Dealer apologised that the car shouldn't even be out like that and it would be fixed by the time I picked it up if I bought it.

Picked it up, looked like it had been fixed, drove it nearly 400 miles home, after the second car wash (safe 2 bucket method!) whatever they had used to fix it washed off.

Had to bring it to a local paint shop to fix it properly and get the dealer to reimburse them because I wasn't driving back.

Wouldn't trust a dealer as far as I could throw them.
Cholsey

Post by Cholsey »

That is very disappointing.
Is it the light or is the tailgate now misaligned?
XC40 T5 FE; Bright Silver; 20” Alloys; Power Folding Tow-bar.
Ordered 19 Jan; Delivered 01 May
Shaenei

Post by Shaenei »

Looks to only be a scrape so like others have said take it with an agreement they'll fix within a stated timeframe. Respay of the area shouldn't take long, few days then it's a matter of how long it takes to source a new bumper as I wouldn't accept anything other than a new one
XC40 Crystal White First Edition with T5 engine polestar'ed, lava carpet & 19" Alloys

Ordered: 11th March
Delivered: 19th October
MrParkson

Post by MrParkson »

What a real kick in the ass.
I agree with the others, but is the tail light also cracked on the bottom?
Really feel for you!
XC40 FE T5 Crystal White 20" LAVA!