New xc40 R Design Pro with mods

Post pictures of your Volvo XC40 here
decw22

Post by decw22 »

Hi collected mine a couple of weeks ago. Not a very pleasant experience, Corvid's fault. However, had time to collect bits to had on, think it looks cool. Given it a good polish, not gone with GardX; but applied 'Poorboys' wheel protection and 'Beadmaker' polish. I've used it on my other cars and think its great stuff.

Cheers

DEW_1757.jpg

DEW_1756.jpg

DEW_1754.jpg

DEW_1753.jpg

DEW_1752.jpg

morganj

Post by morganj »

Are those Heko wind deflectors? They look nice
NOW XC60 Plus, Dark T6 Recharge. Vapor Grey

PREVIOUS XC40 T5 Recharge MY21 | Versatility | Driver assist| Techic | Light | Semi-auto Park assist
What now?

Post by What now? »

Looks good; nice shine. I have the Swedish flag token in the exact same position - bought a pack of two from Amazon.

Personally I don't think the plastic shields add anything to the looks. Bit I don't tend to drive with the windows open anymore (did when I was a teenager, and wanted the world to hear my music), sooner have the auto climate on.
morganj

Post by morganj »

I drive with windows open when I have my “less than young” dog in the boot. She likes the fresh air.

Wind deflectors would at least stop the water dripping into the car during rainy days.
NOW XC60 Plus, Dark T6 Recharge. Vapor Grey

PREVIOUS XC40 T5 Recharge MY21 | Versatility | Driver assist| Techic | Light | Semi-auto Park assist
What now?

Post by What now? »

When I had a dog he always sat on the front seat.

He was always turning the volume up; he particularly liked Anne-Marie, especially her 2018 album.
boroboy

Post by boroboy »

Hi like your add ons thinking about getting some Swedish flags they would be better like yours on drivers side less chance of anybody messing with them.Can I ask where you got metal R design badge from on rear of your car looks then previous models as no way of knowing its aR design.Well peed off when picked up myR design in September no black decals on the A pillar dealer said he could get some direct from Sweden I think they quoted £111.36 with vat was tempted it would finish of look of car for me but then we discovered they still had to be painted !! more cost 🤦🏻‍♂️ Other than that pleased so far with car R design pro 20” wheels sunroof apple CarPlay in bursting blue

A6B04016-56AC-4439-B247-A79AA705DAA9.jpeg

Deleted User 3062

Post by Deleted User 3062 »

My T4 came with two metal badges on the rear, as well as the "T4". It came with the same RDesign badge, same as poster "decw22" and also an "AWD" badge to prove its all wheel drive credentials.

Can I ask what RDesign decals on the A pillar are you referring to? Mine says RDesign debossed into the plastic at the top of the C pillar where the colour changes to black but as far as I can remember, it's dark outside, there are no stickers on the A pillars.
decw22

Post by decw22 »

Hi

Websites for badges etc.

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Last edited by decw22 on Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 3062

Post by Deleted User 3062 »

Are you saying that Volvo no longer supply their cars with rear badges?

When I bought mine about 12 months ago it was fully equipped.

PXL_20201112_104820724.jpg

boroboy

Post by boroboy »

Hi yes meant plastic on c pillar that was removed from September reg MY21 if anybody knows where to get them but as previous thread dealer quote without black paint very expensive.Those metal badges for the rear I will have alook at them but could be only way to know the car is R design model.The other changes Volvo have made taken away paddle shifters chrome exhaust pipe badge on steering wheel to name a few see attached photo if anybody needs to know the full details.Thanks for quick reply from you guys happy motoring! 👍😀

DB26A8BA-A161-40FE-BECC-A362AC4630BA.png