New xc40 R Design Pro with mods

Post pictures of your Volvo XC40 here
boroboy

Post by boroboy »

Look at my Volvo in blue above in previous thread you will see that badges are there but not RDesign badge.This is Volvo cost cutting but was told by my dealer Volvo wanted a more environmentally looking and sleeker looking car! 🤦🏻‍♂️😳 see my previous thread about changes as guy who put this up first time he had known a manufacturer update a car by removing items.

Deleted User 3062

Post by Deleted User 3062 »

Thanks, I hadn't realised that.

Although I'd never buy clothing with logo on so for me a car without logos/lettering would be a good thing. Many manufacturers provide a debadging option, some even charge to take them off.

The only issue for me would be the removal of paddle shifters, I use them a lot.

BTW the guy with the website has used embossed when he really meant debossed. Embossed lettering sticks out, while debossed lettering is inwards, like the Volvo C pillar lettering. It always fills with polish and is a pain to remove. Your better off without it 😀.
jaymmu

Post by jaymmu »

I picked up my new 2021 R Design last week and there's no R Design badges anywhere on it either inside or out. It confused the hell out of me at first, thinking they'd given me the wrong car.
sues1958

Post by sues1958 »

Love the red but it looks different to the red I saw at my dealers in August. I wanted red but didn't like the shade of the one I saw. Yours looks fab though
sues1958

Post by sues1958 »

Screenshot_20201222-001525_Chrome.jpg

This is the red I saw which is dull
Metroman

Post by Metroman »

I think the photo doesn't do it justice- poor reproduction, the colour is the same as the R-Design in the OP's picture. Also that's an Inscription Pro not an RD-Pro despite the dealer description.
XC40 D3 Inscription Pro Auto in Denim Blue with Convenience, Xenium and Intellisafe pro packs plus smartphone integration , tinted rear windows and spare wheel.
Goldfish

Post by Goldfish »

My experience on the red was quite opposite.
It looks nice in the brochure and web site but very different in the flesh at the dealer.
Mulson

Post by Mulson »

Can I ask what tyres were on your car at delivery? Ordered an R-design Pro with 20" wheels and wondering what I am likely to get so I can consider whether I will need winter tyres next year. Thanks.
decw22

Post by decw22 »

Hi
Mine came fitted with 20" Pirelli P ZERO™ (PZ4) Sport summer.

I find the ride very enjoyable and not at all hard, wouldn't change a thing! The experts have done an excellent job.

"P ZERO™ is the unique Ultra High Performance product combining Pirelli’s knowledge gained from competitive Motorsport with Pirelli’s alliance with the top car manufacturers, granting the perfect fit for the performance of each car.

VEHICLE Car/Suv SEASON Summer TYPE Sport"
Slide Ways

Post by Slide Ways »

My RDesign came with Michelin Primacy 4's.

They're classed as summer tyres but here in the north of England driving on roads they're all I'll ever need.