Rainy day in Lancashire

Post pictures of your Volvo XC40 here
Bernard Bernardsson

Post by Bernard Bernardsson »

Looks even better wet!

IMG_20200908_102508~2.jpg

D4 Inscription, Denim Blue, Blond, wiv winter pack, rear camera, spare wheel, and a towbar.
Ordered 14th Feb, delivery down as 29th May๐Ÿ˜ž
Delivered, 1st September 20, now climate pack :D

Metroman

Post by Metroman »

Looks great!! did you have the paint protection done or have you polished it yourself? I was unsure about Denim blue before actually seeing it live because of the rubbish Volvo colour reproduction on the website. It was either blue or pebble grey for me.
XC40 D3 Inscription Pro Auto in Denim Blue with Convenience, Xenium and Intellisafe pro packs plus smartphone integration , tinted rear windows and spare wheel.
Bernard Bernardsson

Aww fanks for that! Just washed it with turtlewax shampoo, it was nice n shiny straight from the dealers though. Decided to wash it because the wheels were turning grey. Hopefully they'll last longer as the pads/discs bed in.
D4 Inscription, Denim Blue, Blond, wiv winter pack, rear camera, spare wheel, and a towbar.
Bernard Bernardsson

Treated Agnetha to some little pressies, mudflaps, Diddy swedish flag and dinky cable usb to C, thanks for the pointer Eugene61๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

IMG_20200912_132950.jpg

IMG_20200912_133009.jpg

IMG_20200912_133053.jpg

gt40

Post by gt40 »

Denim Blue is a great colour and was my pick, and then they said "not available on the R Design". Couldn't choose the Inscription due to an allergy to chrome caused by the memory all my dad's cars. It has a deep psychological effect on me; buying a Volvo was bad enough as I'm convinced I'm still 18 ๐Ÿคจ
T4 R Design FWD in Thunder Grey, with Intellisafe Pro, Winter & Convenience packs plus a few bits & pieces - arrived Sept '19
A N Other

Post by A N Other »

I also bought the little flag (two from Amazon). However, mine's on the driver side.

The reasoning?
I thought that if it were on the passenger side it was more likely to be plucked off by a passerby as that side would be parked against the kerb.

Just a thought, perhaps I'm paranoid!!

Even now I've had people say "Ooo, what's this, someone's left a sticker on", as they finger and pull at the flag.
PE70*

Post by PE70* »

Just got exactly the same spec' (must be a Lancastrian thing!).

Have to say that it was a bit of a leap of faith going for the Denim Blue (volvo configurator is rubbish) but with the blonde interior is really works.
DanishPastry

Post by DanishPastry »

Very pretty.

I formed some colour opinions from the Volvo configurator. Then I went to a dealer and looked at exteriors and interiors in real life.
Erm... not the same!

Like gt40 I recoil from chrome.
I also wince at 'privacy glass' (who'se daft idea was that?).

That rather limits my options!

p.s. how about an adhesive Swedish flag for the number plates, to avoid idiots picking off your current one?
MY2020 R-Design