Onyx Black T5 Inscription

Post pictures of your Volvo XC40 here
Basel

Post by Basel »

Bought it blind because I hadn't seen it in onyx black or with blonde seats.. came out OK IMHO :D
My only gripe is the volume of the Hifi, its way too low but at least the sound quality is good.

IMG_3369.JPG

IMG_3364.JPG

IMG_3367.JPG

9380A869-A320-4B12-AC25-71969E795523.jpg

XC40 Onyx Black T5 Inscription - 21" Polestar and 4C

DarrenF

Post by DarrenF »

Looks great, the interior looks amazing against the Onyx Black

Are you connecting to the hifi via bluetooth or a cable? Someone said it made a big difference in one of the threads
XC40 T5 R-Design Pro in Bursting Blue with Convenience, Intellisafe Pro, Winter Plus and Xenium Packs and a few other bits. Ordered July'19 picked up end of Nov'19.
Basel

Post by Basel »

DarrenF wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:29 am Looks great, the interior looks amazing against the Onyx Black

Are you connecting to the hifi via bluetooth or a cable? Someone said it made a big difference in one of the threads
Hey Darren,

Thanks, I've tried with cable (Carplay) and bluetooth and the volume is the same.. also DAB radio to exclude the phone. I can live with it, but just wonder where all those WATTS are going?

Cheers
DarrenF

Post by DarrenF »

How loud does the volume go? When I tried on the test drive is was loud enough for me (off DAB radio) but I never pushed the volume high.
XC40 T5 R-Design Pro in Bursting Blue with Convenience, Intellisafe Pro, Winter Plus and Xenium Packs and a few other bits. Ordered July'19 picked up end of Nov'19.
Basel

Post by Basel »

DarrenF wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:14 pm How loud does the volume go? When I tried on the test drive is was loud enough for me (off DAB radio) but I never pushed the volume high.
I would say on full volume its about 75% of my old BMW 3-series with the same Harmon Kardon set up. I did notice this on test drive and someone else mentioned it on here, so I'm not that disappointed.
Naybag

Post by Naybag »

Looking good! What wheels are they? I've also ordered an Inscription Pro but don't think I saw them on the options list?
| XC40 Inscription Pro T3 Geartronic | Black Stone | 360 Degree Camera | Intellisafe Pack |
Deleted User 1894

Post by Deleted User 1894 »

They are the 21" wheels that you get as part of the "Exterior Styling Kit Accessory" (£2285).
Basel

Post by Basel »

Naybag wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:51 pm Looking good! What wheels are they? I've also ordered an Inscription Pro but don't think I saw them on the options list?
As Septericus mentioned, but I am not sure I would necessarily recommend them :shock:

Again I didn't test drive a car with these wheels but went with various reviews that said the drive was still supple and smooth with 21", but the truth is they are not. On good quality roads and autobahns its not much of an issue, but the moment you start driving on rougher roads, through road works etc. you notice the car feels a lot more fidgety and crashy. That combined with the very light steering makes it quite unpleasant. They look cool though 8-)

Fortunately I ordered a set of winter tyres on 19" Volvo rims (quasi legal requirement in Switzerland). So I'm really looking forward to a more comfortable, luxurious ride when I do the changeover in October.