Just taken delivery!

Post pictures of your Volvo XC40 here
mattdesign

Post by mattdesign »

She arrived just over an hour ago!

Not had a chance to play around with everything yet. Disappointed to find the tailgate does not open/close when I kick under the bumper or press button etc. Having looked online I think this is because I specced the keyless entry with "handsfree tailgate opening" but didn't realise you also need to spec the Power Tailgate as well. So mine unlocks the boot with a kick but needs to be manually lifted up/closed. :(

Other thing that isn't working for me, if I press the buttons in the boot to fold the seats down nothing happens. If I press the catch on the top of the seat they do fold down. Is there a setting somewhere that I need to change or is this a fault of some kind?

Also Volvo On Call is currently disabled as it is a lease car, so hoping they'll give permission to activate that. :roll:

IMG_0251 rotated.jpg

IMG_0251.JPG

XC40 | R-Design Pro | D4 AWD | Black Stone
20" | Xenium | Intellisafe Pro | Convenience | Harman Kardon | Keyless
Gear shift paddles | Wireless charging | Smartphone integration | Power child locks
Ordered 22/05/18 | Delivered 21/01/19

mattdesign

Post by mattdesign »

Why do the pics come out upside down! I uploaded two pics one the right way up and the other rotated 180º and both come out upside down!
Gear shift paddles | Wireless charging | Smartphone integration | Power child locks
Alistair72

Post by Alistair72 »

Car looks great. I thought the same with the rear seat folding but found if I pressed the button for a bit longer it worked. Maybe worth trying that if you haven’t already.
morrishey

Post by morrishey »

Yep, I found the same. Hold the button for a second, rather than just a press
XC40 T5 FE, Fusion Red, 20inch wheels.
Ordered 15th March. Delivery, originally June, delivered 26th October.
mattdesign

Post by mattdesign »

Yes the seats do fold with a longer press, so thats fine.

And Lease company have allowed Volvo On Call to be activated so that is all working now.

Very happy with how quiet and smooth the engine is, and definitely an improvement on the Golf GTD I had before. Also actually feels faster to me!
Richard8

Post by Richard8 »

Hi Matt...

I have made the same mistake about the Keyless Drive (includes Keyless Entry and Keyless Start) with Remote Tag plus Handsfree Tailgate Opening/Closing- I didn't click the power tailgate too- Do did you manage to find a Volvo garage to install the power tailgate.

You said -yours unlocks the boot with a kick but needs to be manually lifted up/closed- how does that work? where exactly do u need to kick ?

thank
Richard